Well, David loves the ranch life and all that implys, which is a
really good thing since he runs the ranch operations.
A typical day for him might include:
* Checking on the buffalo, their water, the fences, etc.
* Feeding the non-buffalo animals (Horses, Dogs, and Cats).
* Moving bison from pasture to pasture or loading out a few buffs.
* Picking up meat from the processor or making customer deliveries.
* Managing the land/grass includes well, rainfall/drought/war on weeds.
* David works with Marlene on sales & marketing too... and he loves talking buffalo with anyone!
* He attends regular soil conversation, weed and other seminars to keep broadening his ag knowledge.
* He often helps other ranchers & friends with projects, and he really loves going to a good ag auction!
* He keeps busy with other projects like building a Barn, Chicken Coop or just maintaining the ranch roads.
* David also built the ranch log home, so he takes care to keep it in tip-top shape (floor-ceiling) at all times.
* David likes to spend time with his kids and often that includes helping them with a home project or two.
* "Papaw" to the grandkids, he enjoys taking them on ranch walks, exploring, digging up bones, well anything!
* Spare time (or in the winter) he'll probably be brain tanning buffalo hides for great looking buffalo robes.
* He enjoys just watching the buffs, be it from the truck, tractor or via binoculars on the porch or in the loft.
* King of the Buffalo BBQ grilling up buffalo steaks or burgers for family or freinds (or just him & Marlene)!